From what has turned out to be one of my very favourite food magazines comes tonight's dish...
Chicken Breast stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta!!!
I had often bypassed this magazine without looking at it closely until my daughter showed me one of her copies and I was hooked!!!
The recipes are so achievable...ingredients seasonal and mostly on hand...
The magazine...Australian Good Food
This latest issue Jan/Feb 2011 features recipes from Masterchef Australia Judges, Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris plus to mention a few others, Kylie Kwong, Suzanne Gibbs and Miguel Maestre...
From the mag...
I added some baked potatoes, garlic and sage leaves along with red onion...
all done in no time...
Pretty good after browsing the magazine over morning coffee and then saying we're having this for dinner!!!
And the best part...all the ingredients we already had!!!
Chicken Breast stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta
- 125 g baby spinach
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 40g (1/2 C) grated parmesan
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 4 x 180g chicken breasts
- 2 T plain flour
- 2T olive oil
- 250m chicken stock
- 1/4C chopped parsley
- 400g green beans
Place spinach in large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand 1-2 minutes until wilted. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again, pressing out water. Roughly chop and place in bowl
Add ricotta, parmesan and garlic to bowl. Season and stir to combine.
- Add ricotta, parmesan and garlic to bowl. Season and stir to combine.
- Cut a pocket in thick side of each fillet. Fill with spinach mixture. Dust chicken pieces with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in large frypan on medium. Cook chicken for 5 m each side, until browned. Add stock to pan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 8-10 m until cooked through. Stir in parsley and season.
- Meanwhile, cook beans until tender
- Slice chicken and serve with sauce from pan, green beans...
Serve with bread...potatoes etc