Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Passionfruit Coconut Tart - Gluten Free

Being gluten free can be a bit of a challenge sometimes...I was browsing through the little Australian Women's Weekly booklets at the paper shop one day and came across this little beauty "Young Chef"...in it was this Passionfruit Coconut Tart...Very easy to put together...
served it up with some berries and a dollop of cream...
perfect for a Saturday night...when JoJo asks...what's for sweets Mum!!!
JoJo is our daughter...she has an intellectual disability and food plays a huge part in her life...she often asks the day before...dinner tomorrow? She just absolutely loves food...is a very good taster and responds really well to different tastes...eg Thai, Chinese...

I would like to share this with you...especially Vicki for your DIL...

Passionfruit Coconut Tart

1 Cup (80g) dessicated coconut
3/4 C (165g) caster sugar
1/2 C (75g) plain flour...I used Gluten Free Flour and it was fine...
4 eggs, beaten lightly
1 and a 1/3 C (330ml) milk
125g butter, melted
1/2 C (125ml) passionfruit pulp
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 T icing sugar

  • Preheat oven to moderate (180c/160c fan forced). Grease 24 cm pie dish
  • Combine coconut, sugar and flour in large jug
  • Stir in combined egg, milk, butter, pulp and juice
  • Pour mixture into dish
  • Bake uncovered...aprox 1 hour or until set
  • Cool in dish
  • Serve tart dusted with sifted icing sugar

How easy is that!!!

6 comments:

  1. Aha, food yum yum! Glad to see you are cooking up the storm again. I love passionfruit so I will try this at the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love passionfruit too, so this is a must for me to try.
    It looks so yummy, and so easy to make.
    Thanks so much!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!! Dzintra, look at that fabuolous tart! I wish I could have a huge slice :) You are a domestic goddess!

    xoxo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore passionfruit. We had a vine when I was growing up and they were exorbitantly priced in the shops. I felt like the Queen of Sheba being able to pick them off the vine, slighlty warmed by the sun, heady with their special scent and delcious taste. How wonderful to match them with coconut in a luscious tart. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dzintra, what a great blog! I must try the tart and how about that fig and chocolate cake...where is the recipe?Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Dzintra,for sharing this recipe (and others as well)with me. I have never tasted passion fruit, but I plan to try this recipe right away, especially since my DIL will be here in a few weeks, along with her parents, grandma and nephew. She tells me that her family doesn't understand her gluten intolerance. I hope to quietly make wonderful gluten free recipes while they are here... that perhaps they won't even know they are so different... at least my DIL will know that I will make sure she can enjoy some wonderful food too. (:

    ReplyDelete