from this magazine that I have just discovered...
I did adapt it a little...
So here is my version of Mixed Spice Slice with Lemon Icing...
1 and a 1/2 C (225g) Plain Flour/gluten free
2 t mixed spice
1t bicarbonate of soda
1C (190g) mixed dried fruit...(currants/chopped apricots my version)
3/4C (165g) caster sugar
1C (250ml) milk
120g butter (melted)
ground cinnamon, to dust
1C (160g) icing sugar mixture
1 T lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180c or 160c fan
- Grease 30cm x 20cm lamington pan
- Sift together flour, mixed spice and bicarb
- Stir in fruit and sugar
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and pour in milk and melted butter, stir to combine
- Spoon mix into prepared pan
- Bake 30m until a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Cool in pan for 5m before turning out onto a wire rack
- For icing, beat butter until creamy
- Add icing sugar and lemon juice alternately...starting and finishing with icing sugar
- Beat till light and fluffy
- Spread over cooled slice and dust with cinnamon
A wonderfully easy slice...Bon Appetit!!!