Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter~Asian Duck...And It's Birthday Eve!!!

What absolutely glorious weather we have just had this Easter...sunshiney days...catching up with Family and Friends...Thought I would post up my coloured eggs for this year and a couple of fish dishes... Eggs dyed with red onion skin...and of course couldn't resist the chocolate variety as well!!!
Blue-eyed Trevalla on a Lemon Potato Salad...very, very tasty

Pan Fried Bream...



Asian Duck from my TAFE course...Micki has requested this recipe, so here 'tis...
ASIAN DUCK WITH PISTACHIOS AND RED WINE ~Serves 7~
7 pieces of duck
375ml orange juice
2 cloves of garlic~ crushed
1/2 small chilli~crashed
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 bunch coriander~chopped - leave some for garnish
50ml sesame oil
30g ginger~grated
3 shallots~finely chopped
1 clove garlic
50ml beef stock
125ml red wine
2tsp red wine vinegar (you could even start off with 1)
soy sauce *
125gm pistachios
250g butter
3 cucumbers
50gr rocket leaves
METHOD
  • Score duck breast
  • Marinate in the orange juice, garlic, chilli and coriander, cover and regrigerate
  • Heat sesame oil, when hot, seal duck skin side down. Once cooked set aside
  • Add garlic, ginger and onions to pan juices and caramelize
  • Add red wine vinegar, soy sauce and pistachios, reduce by half
  • Add butter and stir through

Serve on a bowl of shaved cucumber and rocket leaves~ drizzle reduction over and garnish with the coriander

*soy sauce ~ perhaps start off with 2 tsp as this amount was not specified

* This recipe was used at our TAFE Restaurant night and handed in by a student who said it came from Gourmet Traveller

This really is a delicious recipe...and if you get to try it I would be interested in how you went!!

And last...but not least...today is Birthday Eve for me~and my 2 Friends Fiona and Josephine are taking me out to Waterview ~ the newest Restaurant in town!!! I am really looking foward to this...so Cheers to you all!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dzintra, they are all scrumptious looking dishes. I always want to dye eggs for Easter, but haven't gor around to it. Glad they turned out good for you - Natima

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very delicious! I will try it and tell you how it goes.
    Thanks so much!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Happy Birthday Zzintra!! I hope you are having the most fabulous day today, full of all things sweet and never ending treats:) Us April babies have that something special which makes us the best;)

    Bisous,
    MichCherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dzintra, with those pictures, you really make me hungry. The recipe looks very good, but I would make my family happy with it.

    ReplyDelete