Thursday, November 11, 2010

Almond and Blueberry (Raspberry) Friands (Gluten Free)!!!

I am a big lover of Friands!!!

And to my absolute delight when I received the latest issue of Donna Hay and saw the recipe it didn't take me long at all to get stuck into it!!!

Setting the cases up...


Even though the recipe stated Raspberries I substituted Blueberries!!!
I also substituted gluten free flour for the plain flour...and it worked really well!!!



And I couldn't stop taking pics of them!!!

Absolutely delicious!!!

(Gluten Free) Almond and Blueberry/Raspberry Friands

  • 1 C (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
  • 1 and 2/3 (215g) icing (confectioner's) sugar, sifted
  • 3/4C (105g) plain (all purpose)...I used gluten free flour, sifted
  • 1/2t baking powder, sifted
  • 5 egg whites
  • 125g butter......melted
  • 150g blueberries
  • Preheat oven to 180c (350f)
  • Place the almond meal, sugar, flour, baking powder, egg whites and butter in a bowl and whisk until smooth
  • Spoon mixture into 12x1/3 cup capacity (80ml) patty cases
  • Top with berries
  • Bake for 25m or until golden
Yuuuummmm!!!  Bon Appetit...Dzintra

14 comments:

  1. Lovely...beautiful yumminess...gorgeous post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely yummy! And not so difficult either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! And that reminds me, my latest issue hasn't arrived :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dzintra....my DRAUGI! THANK YOU ALWAYS, for coming so quickly, so kindly, so happy and always with a smile in your heart dear one! THESE ARE LUSCIOUS LOOKING! Are they simply muffins? What is the wordd Friand from? In French, FRIANDISES means a GOODIE....well they look like GOODIES TO ME!!! And gluten-free....hmmmm, I oughta use that kind of flour as well; it is probably so much better for you!

    How is the sewing coming along? I am so aching to get mine, but one thing at a time out here; our building project is moving along quite smoothly!

    BEST WISHES FOR A HAPPY DAY DEAR ONE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum Dzintra. I love fraind too and with blueberries um uh! Thanks the recipe, I will try it this weekend. I love those paper cups, how cute!
    Hugs
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dzintra, I SEE NOW! I noticed that there was nutmeal and flour, but did not make the connection with the AMOUNT making it quite different from a regular muffin. I must try this as I enjoy using nuts in my cooking. I love to make an almond crust for example, a cherry tart with lots of vanilla!!! THANK YOU for sharing new things to me! I must research these, I had never heard of them!

    Wishing you a lovely Sunday! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dearest friend, thank you for that link! I am most definitely making these because my husband especially loves having something sweet at night with his tea and these not only seem delicious, they are good for you as well with the nuts and fruit!! Yes, we have much snow, and it is beautiful. The season we all await for celebration is upon us; you are reveling in the beauty of summer!!! That is a miraculous adventure. I have never known anyone to live in Australia and now thanks to blogging, I know you, Julie and Frances and the world has just become much bigger to me!!

    Have a great SUMMER DAY!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my DRAUGI!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary! HOW WONDERFUL, IT IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE ARE CELEBRATING SUCH A BEAUTIFUL THING....and you are making the friands! Oh, I must do that as soon as I am feeling better! Is there another thing to put in them besides the fruit? My husband does not like berries cooked.....I DO, but he will refuse, and I would want him to try them because besides the fruit, he will consume these in mass quantities!

    Have a fabulous day! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMmmmm, now I'm hungry....I'll be right over.

    God bless ya'll and enjoy this day!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH YIM! THANK YOU DZINTRA! I think they will be luscious without the berries, although I would love them with those sweet little surprises! KEEP ON CELEBRATING DEAREST! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, just wondering if you melt the butter first or just mix in at room temp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous....thank you for alerting me to that....the butter is melted first. Happy Baking!

      Delete
  12. Hi Great website. May you tell me where you got your friand paper cup liners please? I cannot find them anywhere online. Alex :)

    ReplyDelete