I am a big lover of Friands!!!
And to my absolute delight when I received the latest issue of Donna Hay and saw the recipe it didn't take me long at all to get stuck into it!!!
Setting the cases up...
Even though the recipe stated Raspberries I substituted Blueberries!!!
I also substituted gluten free flour for the plain flour...and it worked really well!!!
And I couldn't stop taking pics of them!!!
(Gluten Free) Almond and Blueberry/Raspberry Friands
- 1 C (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 and 2/3 (215g) icing (confectioner's) sugar, sifted
- 3/4C (105g) plain (all purpose)...I used gluten free flour, sifted
- 1/2t baking powder, sifted
- 5 egg whites
- 125g butter......melted
- 150g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180c (350f)
- Place the almond meal, sugar, flour, baking powder, egg whites and butter in a bowl and whisk until smooth
- Spoon mixture into 12x1/3 cup capacity (80ml) patty cases
- Top with berries
- Bake for 25m or until golden
Yuuuummmm!!! Bon Appetit...Dzintra