Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Mantle Restaurant at TAFE...8th April, 2009

Hello and welcome back...I'm running a little behind here with posting the menus up from my classes...these are from 8th April 2009... Champagne Granita Oysters...

Ocean Trout cured with Pickled Cucumber and Apple Salad...delicious!!!

Tiger Prawns Fresh Linguini with Chilli, Lemon and Garlic...




Leek and Parmesan Tart served with Rocket and Pear Salad...


Kingfish Fillet with Parsley infused Potato Puree and Courgette Fritter...

Breast of Duck Five Spiced with Rice Noodles, Asian Greens and Soy Dressing...

Eye Fillet with White Onion Puree, Parisienne Potatoes and King Brown Mushroom...

Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream and Strawberry Mint Salad...

Apple Tarte Tatin with Double Cream...

Banana Pudding served with Butterscotch Sauce and Honeycomb Semi-Freddo...

Petit-Fours...

And presenting Chef de Cuisine for tonight...Dean
I think Dean has a great future in the Hospitality Industry...having been offered a position on completion of his Apprenticeship up at Byron Bay on the North Coast of New South Wales...Onya Dean!!!
Thank You Dean...a great Menu for us Students!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the fish dishes and especially all of the salads. They look so tempting. It is such an interesting career,and I truly wish that I had learned to cook a lot better than I do.
    Wonderful pics!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dzintra, all these dishes are amazing! I'm currently growing big fat leeks in my garden, so the Leek and Parmesan Tart served with Rocket and Pear Salad immediately grabbed my attention! Wonderful... all of it! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do I say? Seafood for the sea side town! They are all looking yummy Dzintra, please pass on my compliment to the team - Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep forgetting to pop over and visit this blog. How foolish of me! Another incredible array of dishes (I'll be working out a recipe for the parmesan tart - it is beautifully presented by the way).....Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dzintra ~ it all looks so lovely and delicious again! So professional, the way it is presented. Too bad I can't come over and try some of those dishes ;O)
    Have a lovely week! Simone xo

    ReplyDelete