Thursday, August 23, 2012

~Cook Up with Donna Hay (No 17) Red Wine Braised Beef Cheeks with Paris Mash...and Mindy's Chocolate Mousse Tart~


Last week I did another Cook Up from the donna hay magazine Issue 63 June/July 2012



Menu was Red Wine Braised Beef Cheeks with Paris Mash
I've never cooked Beef Cheeks before but they were oh so melt in the mouth tender...and cheap too!!!


Lovely thyme in the casserole...red wine...beef stock amongst other ingredients


The Parish Mash was sooooo smooth, creamy and silky
The pic above shows the dish without parsley


And we had freshly ground trio of peppercorns on ours!


We also enjoyed some Bodalla Dairy Sage and Saltbush cheese...


We all enjoy watching MasterChef  here and JoJo occassionally gets the magazine for me on one of her shopping programmes
This time I thought I would try Mindy's Chocolate Mousse Tart for Dessert


I used White Wings Gluten Free Flour for the pastry


Mr Armchair had seen this pack of Orgran Gluten Substitute and bought it for me


I've never made gluten free pastry so added the substitute to the flour and the result was that the pastry was not brittle and didn't break easily
Now I'll have to play around with it a little more


Orange Caramel on the Tart


I asked Mr Armchair to go out into the backyard (in the dark) and come back with a few mint leaves for the top as we had no basil...
He came back with Lemon Balm but hey, it still tasted good!!!




Served with Mascarpone


A delicious, delicious meal
and I don't know how Mindy made this Tart in the time allocated!!!!!!!!

Mindy's Chocolate Mousse Tart recipe over here

Irina has decided to join Vicki and I in doing a Cook Up from each issue of donna hay magazine

If anyone else would like to join us just let me know and I can put you up on my sidebar
No pressure......just cook something out of each issue and blog it!!

Bon Appetit......Dzintra

3 comments: